Almost a third of our lives is spent at work, and in order to attract and retain the best talent, companies need to create working environments that allow individuals to work, think and collaborate naturally.
It may seem cool in movies when people work remotely from anywhere, but that isn’t the case in reality. An inadequate work setup can not only affect productivity, but it can also negatively impact health and wellbeing.
Due to the fact that you’ll be sitting a lot, you’ll want to invest in a desk with the correct size, height and a comfortable chair. In this case, an ergonomic chair would be a wise choice. This kind of chair provides immense lumbar support which makes it an excellent solution for backache problems.
Position Yourself Correctly!
Adjust seat so that:
- the desk is just underneath forearms; hands, wrists and forearms are parallel to the floor
- your thighs are fully supported on the chair and parallel to the floor; use a footrest if needed
- your thighs, knees and back of legs are clear of surfaces.
- Sit upright and all the way back in the chair. Sit facing your work area. Shoulders relaxed and head naturally balanced.
Adjust monitor so that:
- the screen is as far away as is comfortable or about an arm’s length away
- the top of screen is at or slightly below eye level. Avoid twisting the upper body.
- Position the keyboard and mouse next to each other and near enough so that elbows are close to the body.
- Take breaks and stand and/or move frequently
Infinitude Modular TV Stand Bookcase & Storage Cabinet
R1 297 – R1 397 incl. VAT
Meet the SpaceSave Infinitude Modular TV Stand Bookcase & Storage Cabinet — a unique modular storage system designed to evolve, to fit your space again and again. Completely customisable, SpaceSave’s Infinitude Modular TV Stand Bookcase & Storage Cabinet can be used separately or together to build and create endless configurations.